I joined the online swap organized and hosted by SewHappyGeek.
I came up with this color combination after "stalking" my partner on flickr:
|The starting point/inspiration|
She said she loves it. AWESOME! Then came the issue, what the heck to make. She wanted a table runner. I've never made one, so it was going to be an interesting experience. I decided to do a zig-zag pattern. After dealing with angles that do not always line up like I was hoping, I decided to make it more patchwork looking. I did a strip of flying geese, then they kind of started curving. So that part will be added to the zig-zag.
|Finished table runner|
|1/2 backside of table runner|
|label: made by me!|
One of the minor details is doing a label, which I cheated and wrote on a small section using the micron pens that doesn't bleed.
I machine quilted the entire project. I used tiny scraps to put the binding on. So tiny, you can barely see it, but that's ok, I used the scraps! Waste not what not. I highly recommend using the quilting spray adhesive for a small project like this, my cats were not fond of the fumes.
Deadline to be mailed to my partner: Nov. 15. I work well under pressure and with a deadline apparently. :-)