The block size I decided on was 16" square. The results turned out amazingly well.
I also selected this project for my March project to "finish" for the Fiber of All Sorts promotion of "A Lovely Year of Finishes" that also has a flickr group. I have a border idea to go with the project but that is a surprise for later in the year.
APRILThen April arrived and I had a special project I had a deadline to complete, my round robin row for Brookquilt. Her request was saucy colors with a kona black solid. I LOVE black, I just never buy solids. Yes, I am one of THOSE weird quilters who never has solids.
Nonetheless, I started with this group of fabrics.
I also entered this in to the April "finish" project. I was inspired by a picture in a quilt book, a strata leaf.
The result (left) emerged from experimenting with strip piecing, free-form shapes of the leaves, and wonky sewing back together.
Of course you can't waste anything. I made the remaining blocks from the leftover strips and solid block to create the beautiful row (right).
The prints I used in the middle blocks created a really fun "confetti" like effect. The print has a large scale and a small scale print of the same mod-like flowers. The colors were really fun, bright, and up my alley
I really enjoyed making this row.
A preview of what the quilt is starting to look like:
Have a splendid May!!! More to come!