Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Working on Shanna's Strip

With the holiday season making people crazy, stressed, and tipsy, our Stripper group is delayed by a month.  Which means, I will procrastinate a month.  Yes, I am one of THOSE people.

While I was at Shanna's for a quilting day, I got her approval for the fabric selection.  She wanted grey, white, brown, navy, mustard, and lemon.  I don't buy solids so she gets to have a light grey backgrounds!
Fabric Selection

I apparently do not have mustard yellow in my stash at all.  My LQS helped me find this grand houndstooth and they were also having a sale.  Yay!  There is also some Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Sweetwater . . . They are looking good together.  I have no clue where the pots are from, I've had them for awhile (over 5 years).

3 cupcake blocks
3 Cupcakes

"Cupcake" block
Block #1 -- Cupcake



My first 3 blocks were called "cupcake" from a book about pieced borders.  There were no instructions so I am surprised I did 3 of these.












Shanna's Stripper Block 2
Freshly Pieced original block
Last block
Has pinwheel center


Plus, to make the strip not look so generic, I pieced 2 more blocks titled, "Mosaic" from Freshly Pieced blog.  I changed the yellow and it went well with the other blocks.  I arranged one a little different to create a pinwheel in the center.









Put all five of the 12.5" blocks together with the other 2 strips, and its looking like this (mine is the bottom row):
3 strips

No comments: