There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Working on Shanna's Strip

With the holiday season making people crazy, stressed, and tipsy, our Stripper group is delayed by a month.  Which means, I will procrastinate a month.  Yes, I am one of THOSE people.

While I was at Shanna's for a quilting day, I got her approval for the fabric selection.  She wanted grey, white, brown, navy, mustard, and lemon.  I don't buy solids so she gets to have a light grey backgrounds!
Fabric Selection

I apparently do not have mustard yellow in my stash at all.  My LQS helped me find this grand houndstooth and they were also having a sale.  Yay!  There is also some Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Sweetwater . . . They are looking good together.  I have no clue where the pots are from, I've had them for awhile (over 5 years).

3 cupcake blocks
3 Cupcakes

"Cupcake" block
Block #1 -- Cupcake



My first 3 blocks were called "cupcake" from a book about pieced borders.  There were no instructions so I am surprised I did 3 of these.












Shanna's Stripper Block 2
Freshly Pieced original block
Last block
Has pinwheel center


Plus, to make the strip not look so generic, I pieced 2 more blocks titled, "Mosaic" from Freshly Pieced blog.  I changed the yellow and it went well with the other blocks.  I arranged one a little different to create a pinwheel in the center.









Put all five of the 12.5" blocks together with the other 2 strips, and its looking like this (mine is the bottom row):
3 strips

No comments: