Monday, January 28, 2013

Table Runners Galore!

Nothing like trying to figure out what to make for people than to do it with a deadline!  I tried this quilt block awhile ago, I was not jazzed about the effect with Mary Englebreit prints that I had.

I was in Baker City, OR for Thanksgiving with a specific fabric in mind, snowflakes.  These snowflakes were the ANSWER!  Actually, this table runner is for a friend who has a birthday on January 3, and she's not a girly girl.  Using Ryan Walsh's tutorial, I made this lovely holiday inspired table runner for Sarah.
Holiday Ribbon Tablerunner

Here is a close up of the quilting and binding on the finished project:
Finished Table runner


This was soooooo easy, a 1 hour project from start to finish, that I had to make another one!
Coffee Ribbons Tablerunner
This is currently not finished.  I am experimenting with free-motion quilting . . . and its not for anyone in particular at the moment.

Then I had a great idea to make one for my Grandma.  She loves chickens.  I found some fat quarters at Craft Warehouse and made this table runner in one weekend so I can give her something for Christmas, which she celebrates but I don't.
Chicken Table Runner

No comments: